HRT1004 – Design and Apply Laser/ IPL Hair Reduction
This foundation course is specifically designed to provide applicants with the skills and knowledge with which to successfully provide Laser and IPL Hair Reduction Treatments
This offers participants a pathway into the Laser/IPL industry or for existing therapists to improve their skills and knowledge.
For best practice treatment delivery, prior knowledge of lasers and laser safety, skin anatomy and wound healing together with an understanding of hair and skin physiology and pre and post-treatment care is required.
Participants who are not currently working in the beauty or medical fields are eligible to enrol into this course.
- Laser Safety Certificate (Online or Classroom)** Queensland Students seeking Trainee licences will also be required to complete Infection Control in Office Based Settings HLTIN402C or equivalent (online) prior to application for a trainee licence with Queensland Health
Full day – Theory and Practical
Plus in clinic practical observations – by arrangement
Enrolment Fee – $250 (non-refundable and payable on enrolment)
Total Course Fee – $1,550.00 (including enrolment fee, payable in full , 7 days prior to course commencement)
- Skin Anatomy
- Hair Physiology
- Designing and applying hair reduction programmes
- Deliver safe and effective treatments
- Photothermolysis in Hair Reduction
- Treatment Protocols – Contraindications
- Client consultation
- Treatment procedures practical sessions
- Pre and post-treatment care
- Compliance with regulatory requirements