SIB70110 – Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light & Laser Hair Reduction
This qualification reflects the role of practitioners who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to design and safely apply IPL or laser treatments to reduce unwanted hair on the face and body.
You will also be learning theoretical and practical applications of skin
rejuvenation, vascular, pigmentation treatments and laser tattoo removal.
The College will also provide ongoing mentoring post-Graduation
so you know that you will have a fully supportive network behind you
as you launch into your career.
Why should you complete this qualification?
Therapists who want to complete a Graduate Certificate are already professionals – and only want to get better. In this fast-growing and incredibly competitive hair reduction market, it is essential to be amongst the best in the industry and be able to make complex, high level, independent judgments.
We can help you excel by offering additional skills and knowledge.
With prospective changes in legislation, there is no better time than right now to position yourself in the marketplace as a recognized professional in the delivery of laser treatments.
You will be provided with the opportunity to train and work with the latest medical grade non-invasive laser and IPL technology available on the market.
What you will learn
- consulting with clients
- analysing their skin and hair characteristics
- designing and evaluating IPL and laser treatment programs
- performing and assessing test spots
- delivering safe and effective treatments
- selecting and using laser / IPL technology
- providing safe client and operator practices
- compliance with regulatory requirements
- To undertake this course, you must display evidence of one of the following
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Relevant qualification at diploma level or above in medical health, including the study of human biology, anatomy and physiology
- Significant and relevant vocational experience as a beauty therapist with a primary focus on providing facial services, skin services and hair reduction services;
- evidence of significant and relevant vocational experience relating to the application of human biology, anatomy and physiology knowledge in their respective field.
- HLTINF402B Maintain infection control standards in office practice settings
- SIBBHRS705A Apply intense pulsed light and laser safety protocols
- SIBBHRS706A Design intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs
- SIBBHRS707A Provide intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatments
- SIBBRES702A Investigate developments in cosmetic treatments using light or laser systems
- Consulting with clients
- Skin Anatomy and Physiology
- Analysing their skin and hair characteristics
- Designing and evaluating IPL and laser treatment programs
- Performing and assessing test spots
- Delivering safe and effective treatments
- Selecting and using laser / IPL technology
- Providing safe client and operator practices
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
Up to 12 months – Theory and Practical, scheduled to meet your individual needs
Face – to – face learning, self-paced distance delivery and workplace training in our fully equipped Student Clinic.
*$ 9,750.00 including
- Non-refundable enrolment fee of $250
- Supervised loggable hours (until deemed competent)
- All text books and required safety equipment
*Speak to our Student Liaison Office for assistance in a payment plan to suit your budget.
Cancellation & Refund Policy for SIB70110
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by Australian College of Laser Therapy is required to cover the costs of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the students initial intention to undertake the training.
- Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
Refund if course is cancelled
If we are no longer able to offer a course student has enrolled in, or the arrangement is terminated early, the student is entitled to a full refund.