ELLT501 Application of Light Therapy for Skin Treatments, Hair Reduction and Tattoo Removal
Successful completion of this comprehensive foundation course will result in receiving 4 certificates of attendance including:
Laser Safety Certificate
Design and Apply Laser Tattoo Removal Treatments
Design and Apply Laser/IPL Skin Rejuvenation treatments,
(includes vascular, pigmentation review and pigmented lesions)
Design and Apply Laser/IPL Hair Reduction Treatments
This course features one-on-one practical training and supervision with a nationally accredited trainer and assessor, allowing for a highly individualized learning experience.
This course offers participants a pathway into the Laser/IPL industry or for existing therapists to improve their skills and knowledge.
Completion of this course may be recognized as Recognition of Prior Learning and Experience for the nationally recognized Graduate Certificate and will prepare you for legislative changes within the industry.
Portions of this course can be completed self-paced online if you choose with the practical component completed within our student clinic.
Subjects that will be covered include:
- Client Consultation.
- The physiology of skin and hair structures and their interaction with light based treatments.
- Laser Safety Certificate
- Performing test patches
- Supervised practical application of treatments including skin analysis, test patching and choosing the right methodology.
- Selecting and using laser / IPL technology
- Follow-up and aftercare advice
- Documentation requirements for use in your own clinic
- Supportive mentoring programme
- Understanding and the treatment of dermatological conditions including rosacea, ageing skin, acne, vascular conditions
- Designing appropriate IPL and laser treatment programs for adverse skin conditions including test patching, documentation and after care protocols
Delivery: The course is conducted in a manner that enables you to complete the training to suit you and your family/life situation
$4,500 which includes all training material, including Laser Safety Certificate.
If you only wish to train in certain aspects of laser, contact our college staff for an individual training course made to suit your requirements.
- Skin Anatomy & Physiology
- Laser Safety
- Photothermolysis and correct treatment protocols in Skin and Hair Treatments
- Client consultation
- Pre and Post Treatment protocols
- Selecting and Using Laser/IPL technology
- Understanding the Treatment of Dermatological Conditions including rosacea, ageing skin, acne, vascular and pigmented conditions
- Treatment practicals
- Pre and post-treatment care
- Supportive Mentoring Programme